Thank you for your interest in becoming a foster for the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center! It is important you understand the following about fostering dogs:
- At the end of the foster period, all animals must be returned to the Animal Resource Center.
- Throughout the fostering period, we request regular communication and updates by phone or email.
- While all animals are screened before being placed in foster care, some may have contagious diseases that can infect your own animals if exposed.
- Animals in foster care may have behavioral issues that need to be corrected and may, for a period of time, be destructive.
- Some animals may require the foster to administer medications in their home or provide transport for frequent visits to our veterinarian.
- Some animals may require a foster home for up to several months.